Saturday, April 10, 2010

He's gone Hey-wire

Two weeks from today, I'll be graduating college. I thought that was a big feat, until I watched opening week of baseball...the Atlanta Braves home opener against the Chicago Cubs. A twenty-year-old by the name of Jason Heyward starting in right field for the Braves. TWENTY-YEARS OLD and he's already starting in the majors. I'm twenty-one. To think of playing a professional sport and making millions at my age boggles my mind.

Ok, so yeah he's twenty-years-old, but what made his debut most remarkable is that he hit a grand slam on his first-ever at bat in the majors. A GRAND SLAM. Some veterans that have been playing the game for some time now are still looking for their first grand-slam.

Analysts say he has more patience beyond his playing years. At his first at bat he didn't come out swinging. Instead, he waited on the ball patiently until he saw his fastball cross the plate and he ripped it.

They say patience is a virtue. For him, patience will carve out a long-lived major league career.

No comments:

Post a Comment