Monday, March 29, 2010

Singing the Blues and Oranges

So much for March Madness... my March has actually been a lack of madness. My bracket was screwed up from the onset with all the top seeds dropping like flies...so much for going for the highly-favored teams. I will never look at the odds again.

I made a bet with my uncle, who is a huge Georgia Bulldog fan and I'm a huge Gator fan, that if my brackets beat his then he has to wear a Tim Tebow jersey and if I lose, I have to put on a Georgia cheerleading uniform. I started to wallow in my sorrows because it's just NOT possible for a Gator fan to lose to a Georgia fan, but then Northern Iowa became my hero! Facing off against No. 1 seed Kansas, No. 9 seed Northern Iowa surprised 90 percent of America and upset the Jayhawks, including my uncle. There went his one bracket because he had Kansas going all the way. I felt on top of the world, yet another victory for the Gator fans.

But then came Butler and West Virginia. Butler came in and beat my No. 1 Syracuse Orange and West Virginia beat my No.1 Kentucky Wildcats. I had both making it to the finals in both of my brackets, 'Cuse winning it in one of my brackets and the Wildcats in the other....

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I'm singing the Blues and Oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment